Travel & Tourism
Why study Travel & Tourism at Halesowen College?
- A new Travel & Tourism suite, modelled around airport departures and featuring a purpose built mock aircraft cabin, Halesowen Air
- Qualified staff with professional travel & tourism backgrounds
- Excellent pass rates and levels of student progression
- Strong links with a range of leading travel organisations e.g. Thomas Cook Retail, Monarch Airlines, Village Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Malmaison Hotels and various tourist attractions
- Enrichment activities including trips abroad and the chance to experience various employment options within the cruise industry
- Visits to top tourist spots throughout the UK
- Participation in practical activities organised through tour and travel operators
- Opportunities to get first-hand experience of working in the College Training Restaurant
- Exciting College Progression Routes, many in partnership with popular universities
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education, including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications
Courses in this Area
Having completed my BTEC Level Three Diploma in Travel & Tourism I was very lucky to get a job with Eurocamp as a holiday courier.
During my time at Halesowen College all of the lecturers went above and beyond to make sure I was gaining the most experience. I was head Travel Representative within the Travel and Tourism Department and I was nominated for a Dudley Youth Award for Contribution to College Life.
Following the completion of Level 3 Diplomas in Travel and Tourism plus Hospitality, Elisha was awarded a triple distinction. She now puts theory into practice working for Thomas Cook as a travel advisor in their bustling Bullring store in Birmingham.
"I enjoyed my two year course and wouldn't be where I am now without the staff who helped me along the way. They helped and encouraged me to achieve the highest grades and expanded my knowledge and enthusiasm for the industry."