Training for Employment
Good news for business and jobseekers - the Government is putting more funding and flexibility into skills support. We offer training in the following areas:
- Business administration
- Business improvement techniques
- Customer service
- Hospitality and catering
- Occupational health & safety
- Teaching assistants
- Team leading
- takes place entirely in the workplace
- at times to suit the employer and employee
- allows employees to progress at their own pace
- allows employees to achieve a nationally recognised vocational qualification (NVQ)
Training may be free depending on circumstances.
Please call 0121 602 7770 to find out how we can help your organisation.
Job Centre Plus is working with us to deliver pre-employment training programmes that:
- give job seekers the opportunity to acquire and develop the skills needed to get into work
- to progress and gain further qualifications
Individuals can benefit from a wide range of support, including confidence building, numeracy and literacy as well as bespoke training determined by the employer.
Employers select the best candidates through interviews and are assured ongoing support.
- Facing unemployment or redundancy?
- Looking for a change of career direction?
In these difficult times our specialist staff are able to offer a number of options to help you get back on track:
- Free internet access 9am-9pm Monday to Thursday (9am-4.30pm on Friday)
- Free support and advice on using a range of job search site
- Informal advice and guidance on your individual needs
- Help with your CV writing and interview technique
- Pre-empolyment training for a wide range of jobs
- Courses to help you start retraining for a different career
All advice and courses are FREE if you are registered for Job Seeker’s Allowance (or a means tested benefit).
Customer Service Training
- taught short course held at Halesowen College
- leads to a nationally recognised qualification from the Chartered Management Institute
Staff who are studying an NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Business Administration, Customer Service or Hospitality can take the following additional units in Customer Service
- Support in Customer Service Improvements
- Give Customers a Positive Impression
- taught course with hands on guided learning
- leads to a nationally recognised qualification - AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Book Keeping Level 2
- rolling enrolment with courses starting every 5 weeks
Skills for Life Training
Staff who are working towards an NVQ in Business Administration, Customer Service or Hospitality could improve their levels of literacy and numeracy with Skills for Life classes.
Improved literacy and numeracy can increase confidence and help staff progress further in the workplace.
Level 2 Qualifications
Any employee who does not hold a full Level 2 qualification may be entitled to free training and assessment in which case it would be free to the employer too.
Employees already holding a Level 2 qualification can train for a Level 3 qualification. Employers need to make a contribution to the cost (currently £692.00).
Research shows that businesses that do not train their workforce are two and a half times more likely to fail than those that do.
For more details call 0121 602 7770.