Childcare Support

Care to Learn

The Care to Learn scheme can help with childcare and related travel costs while you study. You must be aged under 20 at the start of your course and the scheme is available for publicly-funded courses in England. Care to Learn lets you choose the type of childcare that suits you and your child. You can, for example, use it to pay for childcare at any of the following places:

  • Child-minder
  • Pre-school playgroup
  • Day nursery
  • Out of school club
  • Other registered childcare

The childcare provider must be on the compulsory part of the Ofsted Childcare Register or Early Years Register.

Registered childcare providers must meet national standards and are inspected regularly to make sure they are providing good quality care. For more information and to apply for Care to Learn directly, call 0800 121 8989 or visit their website.

Support for Childcare for 20+ Years

Students aged 20 or over can apply for help with the cost of childcare.

It is possible to apply for up to £155 per child, per week during College term dates. Funding for Childcare is capped at a maximum of £4,800 per annum per child. This is dependent on your financial circumstances and is pro rata for part-time students.

Childcare is only available for timetabled hours and any essential private study that is also timetabled. Funding is only available for Ofsted registered childcare providers.

When your form has been fully completed by your childcare provider you must check the details carefully and sign the declaration at the bottom of the form. By signing this declaration, you are bound by the terms and conditions.

Please note If a place is available, students are expected to make use of the nursery facilities provided by Halesowen College. If another provided is authorised to be used the maximum contribution would be the equivalent fees as Halesowen College Nursery.

The childcare provider must invoice the student directly and send a copy to Student Services for processing.

Download Forms

You need to complete:

  • 19+ Discretionary Learner Support Application (Form B); OR
  • Advanced Learning Loans Bursary


  • Childcare Application (Form C)