Access to Higher Education
About this course
An Access course is the nationally recognised alternative to A Levels and GCSEs for entry to British Universities and Colleges of Higher Education. The course offers excellent preparation for studying at a higher level and can increase your chances of future success.
At Halesowen College our Access programme is specifically linked to Birmingham City University, Newman University and Wolverhampton University but, as part of the Open College Network, the qualification is recognised nationally, leaving you free to apply to the university of your choice. Even if you were to decide against progressing to higher education,
we believe that you would find the course to be of great personal benefit.
ACCESS COURSE AIMS
- to prepare mature students who may not have formal qualifications for higher education
- to build on existing experience and qualifications
- to impart the skills, confidence and intellectual developments needed to cope with studying at degree level
- to provide the necessary support and guidance to meet the demands of returning to education
- to assist with informed decisions about future courses and careers
- Business (including Law)
- Events and Business Management
- Social Science
WHERE CAN IT TAKE ME?
Successful Access students have a qualification that is recognised by universities for entry to degree level courses, such as, teaching, nursing, midwifery, social work, psychology, sociology and science.
If you already have GCSE grade C in English and Maths we may be able to offer you a ‘fast track’ study program to complete your Access to HE Diploma in one year, depending on your personal circumstances.
Students who do not currently possess GCSE grade C in Maths and English will be required to complete the 2 year course.
FACULTY: A Levels
LOCATION: Whittingham Road, Shenstone House and Coombs Wood Business Centre
DURATION OF THE COURSE: 1 Year Full Time (dependent on entry profile) or 2 Years Part Time
FEES (2016-17): £3,000
What do I need?
Access Programme Enrolment 2016
- 11-18 July - 9am-4.30pm
- 23 August - 5pm-8pm
- 25 August - 9am-4.30pm
- 5 September - 5pm-8pm