Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship
About this course
You will be employed as a Business Administration Apprentice 4 days a week and also attend College on Wednesdays for 17 weeks.
You will choose your units with your employer and a designated assessor. There is a range of 60 different topics to suit your job role although you will need to complete 6 mandatory units.
You will also be required to complete workbooks for Employment Rights & Responsibilities and Personal Learning & Thinking Skills, which will include Reflective Learners, Self Managers, Independent Enquirers, Team Workers, Creative Thinkers and Effective Participators.
What will I learn?
The mandatory units are:
- Communication in a Business Environment -¢ Understand Employer Organisations*
- Principles of Providing Administrative Services*
- Principles of Business Document Production & Information Management*
- Manage Personal Performance & Development
- Develop Working Relationships with Colleagues
*You will take onscreen tests in College for these units
How will I be assessed?
You will be visited at least once a month by an assessor in your workplace and they will also carry out regular reviews with your employer.
During the observations, you will be assessed by a variety of methods including, professional discussions, written statements from you, which should include print screens, questioning and a witness testimony from your employer or line manager to confirm competency in the workplace.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSE passes at grade A - C, or their equivalent, ideally to include Maths and English Language
All applicants will be interviewed and assessed for their suitability for this apprenticeship.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Advanced Apprenticeship Business Administration Level 3
- Careers - continued employment in a business environment
You need to be in employment - College staff may be able to help you but you will probably need to apply for vacancies on the National Apprenticeship Online Vacancy website.
Apprentices are required to complete monthly timesheets, which are handed in to College staff. You will also need to submit an up to date CV, to include your apprenticeship details and job description.