Graphic Design HNC
About this course
This Level 4 course has been specifically designed to provide a wide variety of knowledge and practical skills relevant to pursuing or advancing their career as graphic designers in the modern creative industries world.
It includes a combination of stimulating graphic units to give students experience of the breadth and depth of the sector that will prepare them for further specialized study or training.
Students will gain a wide range of sector knowledge tied to practical skills gained in research, self-study, directed study and workplace scenarios.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1: Professional Development
- Unit 2: Contextual Studies
- Unit 3: Individual Project (Pearson-set)
- Unit 4: Techniques and Processes
- Unit 13: Typography
- Unit 14: Graphic Design Practices
- Unit 19: Packaging Design
- Unit 28: Communication in Art and Design
Options will be dependent on staff specialisms.
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 Qualification in a related area; or
- 2 or more A Levels with one in a related area
- Plus GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above is preferred
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
A portfolio of previous work will be requested for your advice and guidance session.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
- a wide variety of employment opportunities in graphics and other creative industries
The course will open up opportunities for apprenticeships or allow you to go straight into employment.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
If you wish to continue your studies you can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours degree at many universities, in a graphics/visual communication-based subject area.
For more information or an informal chat, please contact Gillian Dunkerley on email@example.com or telephone 0121 602 7777 ext 7564.