Graphics, Web Design & Multimedia HNC
Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
Course Duration: Part-time 1 day per week for 2 years
- Part-time UK and EU student £2,850 (£2,850 in year 2)
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
About this course
This course has been specifically designed to provide a wide variety of knowledge and practical skills relevant to graphic designers in the modern world.
It includes a combination of graphic units supported by a solid application of ICT and computing skills which will allow for a unique and broad reaching experience for all learners.
What will I learn?
- Unit 1: Visual Communication in Art and Design (L4)
- Unit 2: Ideas Generation and Development in Art and Design (L4)
- Unit 3: Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art and Design (L4)
- Unit 4: Professional Practice in Art and Design (L5)
- Unit 69: 3D Computer Modelling and Animation (L5)
- Unit 72: Computer Programming Principles (L4)
- Unit 76: Interactive Media Technology (L4)
- Unit 82: Computing Fundamentals (L4)
Options will be dependent on staff specialisms.
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 Qualification in a related area; or
- 2 or more A Levels with one in a related area
- Plus GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above is preferred
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
A portfolio of previous work will be requested during your advice and guidance session.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
A wide variety of employment opportunities in the graphics or ICT/computing fields.
The course will open up opportunities for apprenticeships or allow you to go straight into employment.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
If you wish to continue your studies you can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours degree at many universities, in a Graphics or Computing-based subject area.