Photography BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
If you are a keen photographer and want to further your skills this is the course for you. During the course you will investigate a range of different photographic materials, media, techniques and associated technologies. The emphasis of your study will be on practical exploration and you will develop your creativity through both film-based and digital photography.
What will I learn?
The course will give you opportunities to experiment with printing film-based black and white photographic images and to compare the differences with downloading digital-based imagery and using manipulation software to produce a variety of outcomes. You will also be taught the techniques associated with location and studio photography and gain an understanding of the skills involved in taking successful photographs at the site of an event.
How will I be assessed?
- By assignments and coursework; there are no exams
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree in Photography
- Careers - junior position in a photographic studio or self-employment
This course should be combined with A Levels.