Television & Film Creative Media Production BTEC Level 3
About this course
"Pick up a camera. Shoot something. No matter how small, no matter how cheesy, no matter whether your friends and your sister star in it. Put your name on it as director. Now you''re a director." James Cameron "My three Ps - passion, patience, perseverance. You have to do this if you''ve got to be a filmmaker." Robert Wise. "If a million people see my movie, I hope they see a million different movies." Quentin Tarantino. This course will inspire you if you are interested in the Television and Film industry. It will enable you to experience the behind the scenes activities of film and television production teams, investigate the Television and Film industries and learn how to analyse and deconstruct media products. You will write and produce your own short films, animations and digital video productions, helping you to develop your practical, analytical, research and communication skills.
What will I learn?
Whilst studying on this course you will encounter a variety of different units across the two years:
- Pre-Production Techniques for the Creative Media Industries
- Creative Media Production Management Project
- Film and Video Editing Techniques
- Single Camera Production Techniques
- Writing for Television and Film
- Film Studies
- Music Video Production
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through coursework that is ongoing throughout the two years of the course and will be through a variety of essays, presentations, group and individual projects.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, across a range of subjects including English Language
You will need to retake GCSE Maths as part of your programme if you do not have a grade C. You may be advised to retake GCSE Science, depending on your chosen career.
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Business & Media Production Foundation Degree or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degrees in related subjects, including Media Production, Film and Media Studies
- Careers - film and TV production, film and TV editing, screenwriting, directing, cinematography