Introduction to Painting
About this course
- Investigation into traditional and contemporary painting
- Development of sketch book and visual journal
- Introduction to painting equipment, techniques and materials
- Creative experimentation
- Health and safety with professional practice
- Application of formal elements of painting
- Development of visual language skills
- Development of personal concerns with painting
- Review of personal development
- Produce finished works
What will I learn?
- Investigating information and developing research techniques for painting
- Developing and handling media and materials for painting
- Recognising and applying visual language and formal elements within painting
- Working to a set brief within painting
How will I be assessed?
- Presentation of portfolio of course work and individual outcomes
- Assessed internally and externally moderated
What do I need?
To have an interest in painting
Will this course lead to a formal qualification?
Level 2 Certificate in Art, Design and Creative Studies
What is required for the first class?
* A3 Sketch book, pencils, eraser and pen
* A materials list will be given out on session 1
Who can I contact about the course?
Sean O’Brien: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course fee (2018/19) - £58.50
This fee includes course materials.