Assessing Competence in the Work Environment Level 3 Award
About this course
An interview is required before you are able to enrol on to this course.
You can start at any time in the year. There is no requirement to attend a taught class and all work is completed with the guidance of a tutor who will see you on an individual basis. Both units need to be completed to achieve the qualification.
What will I learn?
Unit 1 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (3 credits)
This is the foundation of the course as it will equip you with all the knowledge and understanding you need to become a very good Assessor. You will use these principles and practices throughout your career as an Assessor. This is the theoretical unit.
Unit 2 Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment (6 credits)
In this unit you will practically assess learners within a work environment following approved standards and criteria and using valid methods of assessment. To complete you must have 2 learners that you are assessing in the workplace over 2 units of an occupationally criteria based course. During this your assessments will countersigned by someone who is qualified.
How will I be assessed?
Unit 1 Portfolio and Professional Discussion. You will be assessed through a series of questions to assess your knowledge.
Unit 2 assessed through you practically assessing learners in a work environment and producing the evidence through work products
- You will also be observed for unit 2
- You will need to prepare a statement about each of your learners.
- You must assess whole units two for each learner with a minimum of three assessment methods. Units should all show feedback to the learner.
- You will need a development plan or CPD records
Unit 1 knowledge and understanding unit assessed by 4 professional discussions with the tutor. Unit 2 assessed by portfolio including evidence of assessment in the workplace.
What do I need?
You must be occupationally competent in the subject that you want to assess and must have the necessary level of qualification for that subject. You must also have access to 2 learners and a qualified counter signatory assessor, as stated above.
- Be competent in your field, the subject you want to assess
- Basic understanding of assessment and be able to attend standardisation meetings
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
- Have access to learners you can assess within the work environment
- Have a qualified Assessor or IQA who can provide an expert witness of how you assess learners within the work environment Course Delivery:
- You will have a dedicated Assessor who will provide support and assess your work
Where can it take me?
After some time gaining experience of assessment you may be able to move on to the Internal Verifier Award.
Will this course lead to a formal qualification?
Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF) 501/0771/9
What is required for the first class?
Portfolio and plastic wallets with dividers
Who can I contact about the course?
Part Time Admissions on 0121 602 7888
Who is the course leader?
Course leader: Karen Dunham - Tel: 0121 602 7770 - Email: email@example.com
Course Fee (2018/18) - £401.20
This includes the exam fee.