AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
About this course
This introductory level is where you will get to develop your skills in finance administration: double-entry bookkeeping, basic costing principles, purchase, sales and general ledgers, Computerised accounts and How to work effectively in Accounting.
Once you have completed this level successfully, you will be awarded the AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
There is a substantial amount of written work to do in addition to the number work.
All students interested in this level are required to have an interview before enrolment.
What will I learn?
- BTRN Bookkeeping Transactions
- BKCL Bookkeeping Controls
- ELCO Elements of Costing
- FSYA Work Effectively in Finance
- UACS Using Accounting Software
All units are compulsory.
How will I be assessed?
All assessments are set and marked by AAT.
Bookkeeping transactions, Bookkeeping Controls, Elements of Costing and Using Accounting Software are assessed through unit assessment set and marked by AAT.
Work Effectively in Finance is assessed through a Synoptic Assessment, set and marked by AAT. The Synoptic Assessment will also contain questions linked to Bookkeeping transactions, Bookkeeping Controls, and Elements of Costing.
The AAT Foundation Certificate in Accounting in Accounting is subject to re-sit restrictions
The overall result for the qualification is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction.
What do I need?
We expect the prospective students to have 5 GCSEs at grade C or above and these must include English Language and Maths.
Where can it take me?
Successful completion should allow you to progress to AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting Level 3
Will this course lead to a formal qualification?
Foundation Certificate in Accounting Level 2
What is required for the first class?
Pen, paper and calculator.
Who can I contact about the course?
Part-time Admissions on 0121 602 7799
Who is the course leader?
How much will the course cost?
Tuition Fee (2016-17)
- Full Tuition Fee - £1265.00
- Aged 16-18 - 100% discount - £0.00
- Aged 19+ Are in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (wider benefits in some circumstances) - 100% discount. £0.00
- Aged 19-23 with no Level 2 qualification. If you do not hold a level 2 qualification - 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, a Level 2 BTEC etc. - 100% discount - £0.00
- Aged 19-23 with a Level 2 qualification. If you already hold a Level 2 qualification - 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, Level 2 BTEC etc. - £632.50
- Aged 24+ with no Level 2 Qualification. If you do not hold a Level 2 qualification - 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, Level 2 BTEC etc. - £632.50
- Aged 24+ with a full Level 2 Qualification - 5 or more GCSEs at Grade C or above, Level 2 BTEC etc. - £632.50
- Awarding Body Fee* Not payable at enrolment. Payable directly to AAT - £90.00
- Professional Registration Fee* Not payable at enrolment. Payable directly to AAT (first time registration only) - £41.00
- Examination* Per Exam - £40.00 For each unit assessment: Payable to the college 3 weeks in advance of each exam.
- Synoptic assessment - £45.00
- Kit/Equipment/materialsTextbooks as requested by the lecturer - £60.00 (approx)
- Uniform - N/A
- Trip - N/A
- DBS - N/A
Only tuition fee payable at time of enrolment