Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
- Full-time over 2 years
- Part-time over 4 years
Or, after completing HNC in Business:
- Full-time over 1 years
- Part-time over 2 years
- Full-time UK and EU student £5,700 (£5,700 year 2) or £5700 one year top-up
- Part-time UK and EU student £2,850 (£2,850 years 2, 3 & 4) or top-up £2,850 (£2,850 year 2)
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS course code: N1A3
How to apply
About this course
This qualification is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in current and future employment. It will enable you to meet changing circumstances, whether arising from a change in your own sphere of employment, promotion to supervisory or management roles or from general changes in business practices and the business environment.
The HND qualification follows on from successful completion of the HNC in Business and builds and extends your business knowledge.
What will I learn?
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project
- Business Law
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Research Project (30 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Statistic for Management
- Business Strategy
- Developing individuals, Teams and Organisations
- Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Understanding and Leading Change
Specialist units may be subject to change. In addition to the course content the course may be enhanced by the provision of guest speakers, enrichment trips and team-building activities arranged throughout the course.
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma qualification
- 2 or more A Levels (at least one of which should be in an essay based subject)
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
- Have previously achieved a HNC in Business
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C in English Language and Maths.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
As the curriculum is broad, the qualification prepares you for employment in all business sectors. It gives you the theoretical knowledge as well as underpinning skills to make a positive contribution towards business growth.
Many students progress onto managerial levels positions.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
You can progress to a degree top-up in Business or one of its specialist areas. You may wish to work towards professional membership or study for professional body examinations such as CIMA, CIPD.