Becoming an IT Technician OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
About this course
This established course will allow you to build up those skills to enable you to become an IT Technician.
It typically will teach you how to build a PC, look at networking technology and how IT support works, all the tools needed to become a professional, competent IT Technician.
What will I learn?
- Communicating in the IT Industry
- Working in the IT Industry
- Installing Computer Hardware
- Setting Up an IT Network
- IT Support
- Computer Systems
A combination of these units will help you to take the first steps in becoming an IT Technician as well as learning how to support people that use IT in a professional environment.
How will I be assessed?
As a vocational course, your work will be assessed through coursework you are given throughout the year. This could be a combination of practical work, presentations and report writing.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of Level 3 vocational courses, such as IT, Business or Media
- Careers - a variety of junior/trainee employment opportunities as an IT Technician
You will need a genuine interest in becoming an IT technician, in both theory and practical elements.