Business, Retail & IT Users Level 1 Certificate
About this course
This course will give you the opportunity to begin developing confidence, knowledge and skills necessary to make significant progress in both the Business Retail and IT industry.
This course will also suit you if you work, or would like to work in the retail sector and want to gain basic understanding of the industry.
What will I learn?
In Retail Knowledge you will cover the following subjects:
- Understanding Customer Service
- Health & Safety
- The Retail Selling Process
- The Business of Retail
- Control, Handling and Replenishment of Stock
- Retail Consumer Law
In IT you will cover the following subjects:
- Improving Productivity Using IT
- Using the Internet
- Using Mobile IT Devices
- Using Email
- Video Software
- Website Software
How will I be assessed?
Your coursework will be assessed and you will be required to gain a minimum of 13 credits to achieve the certificate.
What do I need?
- Maths and English assessment plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 2 vocational courses, including Business and IT
- Careers - undergo further training in the business, retail or IT sectors
You will have the opportunity to visit well known business retail companies and look at various career options.