Computing & Systems Development HND
Course Location: Coombs Wood
- Full-time - 2 years, 2 days per week
- Part-time - 4 years, 1 day per week
Top-up after completing HNC
- Full-time - 2 days per week for 1 year
- Part-time - 1 day per week for 2 years
- Part-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Full-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Top-up from HNC - £5,757
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS course code: I1S3
How to apply
About this course
This qualification has been developed to focus on providing education and training for a range of careers in computing. It provides you with an opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised Level 5 vocational specific qualification.
It will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in the field of computing and provide you with the opportunity to focus on the development of higher level skills in a computing context.
What will I learn?
- Business Skills for e-Commerce
- Computer Systems
- Employability and Professional Development
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
- And 12 optional units
You will study 175 credits. Options will be dependent on staff specialisms.
What do I need?
112 UCAS points
- BTEC Level 3 Qualification in a related area; or
- 2 or more A Levels with one in a related area
- Plus GCSE English and Maths at Grade C or above
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
A wide variety of employment opportunities in the Computing and IT industry including hardware and network technicians and engineers, software development and web design.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
If you wish to continue your studies you can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours degree at many universities, in computing-based subject areas.