IT Practitioners BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
In our fast moving world, people everywhere are gaining access to exciting new technologies. You will be provided with a host of tools as you complete this specialist work related qualification for the IT sector. During the course you will cover a wide range of computer based topics, which could include designing software and computer games to meet client requirements and installing and configuring computer systems for different users. You will also have the opportunity to analyse how businesses use IT systems.
What will I learn?
You will complete units such as:
- Communication and Employability Skills
- Developing Teams in a Business
- Computer Systems
- IT Technical Support
- IT Troubleshooting and Repair
- Procedural Programming
- Creating Computer Games
- Information Systems
- Computer Networks
- Event Driven Programming
- Project Planning
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework - assignments, presentations, demonstrations etc.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Computing & Systems Development or Graphics, Web Design & Multi Media HNCs or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualification, including the Higher Apprenticeships in IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals
- University - IT related degree courses technology
- Careers - IT support/technician, web developer, programmer
You may be able to complete work experience with the Halesowen College IT Technical Support team and have the opportunity for a 4 day visit to Disneyland Paris to discover IT uses in theme parks.
This course should be combined with A Levels.