Computer & Network Technician Level 3
About this course
This course will take you on a technological journey.
In our fast-moving world, people everywhere are gaining access to exciting new technologies.
You will be provided with a host of tools as you complete this specialist work-related qualification for the IT sector.
This course will enable you to design computer games to meet client requirements and create augmented reality and mobile applications.
You will also develop the ability to install and maintain computer systems for different users while managing and developing various projects.
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
What will I learn?
- Fundamentals of IT (exam)
- Global Information (exam)
- Computer Networks
- Computer Hardware
- IT Technical Support
- Cyber Security (exam)
- Cloud Technology (exam)
- System Analysis and Design
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Mobile Technology
These units are subject to confirmation.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework - assignments, presentations and demonstrations - along with four examined units.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above including English.
Where can it take me?
- College - Computing or Graphics, Web Design & Multi Media HNCs or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications, including
the Advanced/Higher Apprenticeships in IT
- University - related degree such as Information Technology, IT Security Management, Networking, Digital Marketing and Computer Systems
You may be able to complete work experience with the Halesowen College IT Technical Support team and have the opportunity for a four-day visit to EGX Games Expo and Disneyland Paris to discover IT uses in theme parks.
You may also have the option to undertake industry qualifications offered by CompTIA.