IT Practitioners (Technical Support/Game Development) BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
About this course
This course will take you on a technological journey.
In our fast-moving world, people everywhere are gaining access to exciting new technologies.
You will be provided with a host of tools as you complete this specialist work-related qualification for the IT sector.
What will I learn?
- Design computer games to meet client requirements
- Follow design processes to create digital graphics, animations and websites
- Install and configure computer systems for different users
- Troubleshoot and repair computer systems
- Install and maintain computer systems for different users
- Communication and Employability Skills
- Developing Teams in a Business
- Digital Graphics (Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator)
- Computer Systems
- IT Technical Support
- IT Troubleshooting and Repair
- Computer Game Designs
- Creating Computer Games (GameMaker)
- Website Production (Adobe Dreamweaver)
- Information Systems
- Computer Networks
- Procedural Programming (Java/Netbeans)
- Project Planning (Microsoft Project)
- Maintaining Computer System
- Installing and Upgrading Software
- Computer Animation (Adobe Flash/Autodesk 3ds Max)
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by coursework - assignments, presentations, demonstrations etc.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - Computing & Systems Development or Graphics, Web Design & Multi Media HNCs or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications, including
- the Higher Apprenticeships in IT, Software, Web and Telecom Professionals
- University - IT related degree course
- Careers - IT support/technician, web developer, programmer etc.
You may be able to complete work experience with the Halesowen College IT Technical Support team and have the opportunity for a four-day visit to Disneyland Paris to discover IT uses in theme parks.