IT Used in the Business Environment OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
About this course
This course will allow you to gain skills that a business or an office environment might need.
If you are looking to work in a professional environment, then this will be the course that will help you to build up those skills needed to work or progress in this field.
What will I learn?
- Communicating in the IT Industry
- Working in the IT Industry
- Website Development
- Computer Graphics
- Presenting Information in IT
- Computer Systems
- Developing Computer Games
A combination of all the above units will help you to gain practical skills and learn how to converse within a professional IT environment.
How will I be assessed?
As a vocational course, your work will be assessed through coursework you are given throughout the year. This could be a combination of practical work, presentations and report writing.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of Level 3 vocational courses, such as IT, Business or Media
- Careers - a variety of junior/trainee employment opportunities in the IT industry or within an office environment
You will need a genuine interest in IT, in both theory and practice.