CACHE Caring for Children Level 1
About this course
This qualification will support you to develop an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when caring for young children.
It will assist you in taking your first steps towards a rewarding career working with children and young people.
What will I learn?
You will study 13 units, some of which will also support your own personal development and career progression.
Most of the units are at Level 1, but we also include some Level 2 units to assist with your progression on to the next level or into the workplace. Units include:
- Respecting and Valuing Children
- Growth and Development of the Child
- Human Growth and Development
- Healthy Eating for Families
- Craft Activities to do with Young Children
- Sharing Learning Experiences with Children
- Next Steps - Career Progression
- Musical Activities with Young Children
- Practical Health & Safety when Working with Children
- Supporting Babies
- Children's Play and Leisure Activities
- Healthy Living
How will I be assessed?
Coursework is assessed by the tutor. A portfolio of your work will be produced and Diploma level achieved when all units have been completed.
The majority of the work is through practical and written tasks completed in class.
You will be supported according to your individual needs throughout your qualification.
What do I need?
- Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
Halesowen College - Level 2 vocational courses either within Childcare or a different subject area