Caring For Children Entry Level 3
About this course
This course will help you to develop the basic skills needed when caring for a baby or young child. It will also support you in your career progression and skills needed in the workplace.
There are many practical tasks within the course and we aim to support you in developing skills that will be useful when working with children or other career paths you may choose.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study 7 units for the certificate in Personal & Social Development and 7 units for the certificate in Caring for Children award.
Personal & Social Development Units include:
- Rights and Responsibilities in the Workplace
- Cyber Bullying
- Eating Healthily
- Interview Skills
- Personal Care & Hygiene
- Introduction to Essential Work Skills
- Understanding How to Clean the Home
Caring for Children Units include:
- Providing a Safe and Hygienic Environment
- Routines for Young Children
- Play and Learning in the Home
- Responsibilities of the New Parent
- Contraception Information
- Respecting and Valuing Children
- A Healthy Lifestyle
How will I be assessed?
Coursework is assessed by the tutor. A portfolio of your work will be produced and both qualifications at Entry Level 3 achieved when all units have been completed.
The majority of the work is through practical and written tasks completed in class.
You will be supported according to your individual needs throughout your qualification.
What do I need?
- Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Level 1 vocational programme either within Childcare or a different subject
Although this is an Entry level 3 qualification, there are some units at Level 1. This is to support you with progress to the next level.
You will be required to attend as per College procedures (100%).