ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
About this course
This course is suitable for students whose first language is not English. It is also ideal for students who have only been at school in the UK for 4 years (or less).
This course combines English language skills development with a range of units designed to prepare you for the world of work and/or further education.
What will I learn?
These are some of the things you will do on your course
- Functional English & Maths
- IT Software Fundamentals & Word Processing Software
- Personal Budgeting & Managing Money
- Local Community & Citizenship
- Diversity in Society
- Spelling Rules & Strategies in Practical Use
How will I be assessed?
During the course you will complete a range of units and compile a portfolio.
There will be on-going assessment of your coursework.
What do I need?
Assessment is made by interview, introductory welcome days and initial language skills.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - vocational courses Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2 or possibly A Levels - previous students have progressed to Travel and Tourism, Business, Retail & IT Users, Childcare, Hair & Beauty, Public Services, Hospitality & Catering, Graphic Design, Applied Science, Maths (A Level) and Pre-Access.
- Jobs - relevant employment in your chosen career
You will take part in a work experience placement and there will be a group trip during each term.