ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages - Diploma in Progression Level 1
About this course
This course is suitable for students whose first language is not English. It is also ideal for students who have only been at school in the UK for 4 years (or less).
This course combines English language skills development with a range of units designed to prepare you for the world of work and/or further education.
What will I learn?
- Preparing for Work
- Using Cooking Skills in the Domestic Kitchen
- Develop Independent Skills for Living in the Community & Aspects of Citizenship
- Introduction to Understanding Diversity in Society
- Using Teamwork Skills and Developing Group & Teamwork Communication Skills
- Speaking & Listening Skills
- IT Software Fundamentals & Word Processing Software
- Personal Budgeting & Managing Money
- Planning & Participating in Short Walks
- Spelling Rules & Strategies in Practical Use
- Functional English & Maths
How will I be assessed?
During the course you will complete a range of units and cmpile a portfolio. There will be on-going assessment of your coursework.
What do I need?
- Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview
Assessment is made by interview, introductory welcome days and initial language skills assessment.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - another Foundation or Level 2 vocational course
- Careers - relevant employment in your chosen career
You will take part in a work experience placement.