Vocational Studies Level 1
About this course
If you are creative, this is the course for you.
The course includes Media, Art, Drama and Music as well as Maths and English.
This is a popular course with an excellent pass rate. You will take part in a range of practical skills and learn how to use a range of equipment across the four different subjects.
If you are organised, motivated and willing to try new things, this course will help you to improve your confidence and help develop your team working, practical work and writing skills.
What will I learn?
During the course you will use these skills in a variety of ways including:
- Media - you will create an animation and a short film
- Art - you can create a piece of art work and a mood board
- Drama and Music - you will be creating and putting together your own Music and Drama performance
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by coursework.
What do I need?
A Literacy and Numeracy test and an interview.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a variety of Level 2 courses including Media, Art & Design and Performing Arts
- Jobs - a junior positions in a related area
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement.
This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.