Beauty Specialist Techniques VTCT Level 2
About this course
The VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Specialist Techniques is a substantial vocational qualification for learners seeking a career as an employed and/or self-employed beautician/beauty specialist.
This qualification follows national occupational standards and is a recognised qualification.
What will I learn?
- Provide facial skin care
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Apply make-up
- Client care and communication
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Provide manicure treatment
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Remove hair by using waxing techniques
How will I be assessed?
- Practical observation
- Written assignments
- End of unit tests for every practical unit
- Portfolio of evidence
What do I need?
Entry onto this qualification can be via previous attainment of a Level 1 qualification in beauty therapy and/or a successful skills test and interview.
A good level of literacy and communication skill is essential as the candidate will be working in a realistic commercial setting and gaining competence practically on peers and also on clients.
Where can it take me?
Full time NVQ Level 3 covers all of advanced beauty therapy treatments and would be a good progression route to follow on from this qualification.
Level 2 Nail technology will further enhance nail treatment skills.
What is required for the first class?
- Paper, pen and a lever arch folder
- Beauty uniform/shoes
Who can I contact about the course?
Part Time Admissions on 0121 602 7888
Who is the course leader?
Contact: 0121 6027718
Course fee (2018/19) - £715.50
This fee includes registration fee.
There will be no course cost (£0.00) if you are:
- Aged 16-18 years
- Aged 19+ and in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (wider benefits in some circumstances)
- Aged 19+ and earning less than £15,736.50
Kit/Equipment/materials - £200 approx
Uniform - £85 approx