Beauty Therapy VTCT Level 3 Technical Diploma
About this course
Cruise to success on a Level 3 Course in Beauty Therapy.
The treatments and specific skills you will learn in this Level 3 qualification build on the knowledge and techniques you have acquired throughout your Level 2 Beauty Therapy course.
The Technical Diploma qualification will give you greater understanding and enable you to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist within the Beauty industry.
During the course you will work towards competency in practical treatments by completing assessments in a realistic salon environment.
Working holistically you will cover a range of combined services to meet future employer expectations. The course also features theoretical elements such as Health & Safety, Treatment Theory, Science and Anatomy & Physiology.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety in the Salon
- Client Care & Consultation
- Body Analysis
- Skin Analysis
- Swedish Massage Therapy
- Body Electrical Science
- Facial Electrical Treatment
- Electrical Science
- Anatomy & Physiology for the Face & Body Systems
Extra optional units are available subject to progress.
How will I be assessed?
You will be observed in your practical units by an assessor and all your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross-referenced to the requirements in your assessment book.
For your final practical examination there will be an external moderator who will access your competency.
There is an online exam which covers the theory and Anatomy & Physiology delivered throughout the course.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - Business HNC with Salon Management or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degree and advanced professional qualifications
- Careers - a variety of positions including on cruise liners, spa hotels, in flight spas and health farms
One day a week work experience is compulsory.
The Beauty industry is growing rapidly and there are more opportunities open to therapists than ever before. The types of business vary from small salons to multinational companies offering their services at home and abroad.