Nail Services Level 2 Diploma
About this course
This qualification will provide you with knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced practitioner in the Nail industry.
You will learn nail enhancement techniques using liquid and powder UV Gel and Wrap systems.
You will also have an opportunity to learn self-tanning treatments and body art.
What will I learn?
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Enhance and Maintain Nails using UV Gel
- Enhance and Maintain Nails using Liquid and Powder
- Enhance and Maintain Nails using Wraps
- Plan and Create Nail Art Designs
- Body Art Design
- Provide Self-Tanning Techniques
- Prepare to Run a Hair & Beauty Business
- Monitor and Maintain Health & Safety Practice in the Salon
- Client Care and Communication in Beauty Related Industries
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed and verified by centre staff and for practical elements you will be observed by an assessor.
All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross-referenced to the requirements listed in a record of assessment book.
Together with your course assessor, you will complete this record to show achievement criteria and ranges.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
- Entry depends on previous experience and you will be required to attend an interview
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College Progression - Level 3 Diploma in Nail Services and other Level 3 Beauty and Complementary Therapy courses
- Careers - Working as a nail technician on cruise liners, airlines - VIP lounges, spas or self-employment
All students are encouraged to participate in the many varied enrichment activities and various trips/visits arranged throughout the year.
Additional costs for enrichment activities will be specified at Welcome Days and enrolment.