Nail Services NVQ Level 3 Diploma
About this course
This qualification will provide you with knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced practitioner in the Nail industry.
You will learn nail enhancement techniques using liquid and powder UV gel and wrap systems.
You will also learn self tanning treatments with the options of completing manicure and pedicure units.
What will I learn?
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Enhance & Maintain Nails Using UV Gel
- Enhance & Maintain Nails Using Liquid & Powder
- Enhance & Maintain Nails Using Wraps
- Plan and Create Nail Art Designs
- Develop a Range of Creative Nail Images
- Plan and Prepare Airbrush Designs for Nails
- Contribute to the Financial Effectiveness of the Business
- Contribute to the Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities
- Provide Self-Tanning Techniques
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed and verified by centre staff and for practical elements, you will be observed by an assessor.
All your work must be collected in a portfolio of evidence and cross-referenced to the requirements listed in a record of assessment book.
Together with your course assessor, you will complete this record to show achievement criteria and ranges.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- a pass in Level 2 Nail Services, although entry could also depend on previous experience
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Business HNC with Salon Management or other related Level 3 courses in Beauty and Complementary Therapies
- Careers - working as a nail technician on cruise liners, airlines VIP lounges, spas or self-employment
You will be required to attend an interview.
All students are encouraged to participate in the many varied enrichment activities and various trips and visits arranged throughout the year.
Additional costs for enrichment activities will be specified at Welcome Days and enrolment.