Theatrical, Hair & Media Make-Up Level 3 Diploma
About this course
This course will give you the opportunity to learn and develop make up and hair skills and gain the knowledge and skills needed to work in film, theatre and TV.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety
- Client Care & Communications
- Media Make Up
- Fashion & Photographic Make-Up
- Wigs & Postiche
- Apply Prosthetic Pieces & Bald Caps
- Styling Hair
- Face & Body Art
- Make Prosthetics & Bald Caps
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by various methods including practical observation of make up looks, group assessment on various themes, written assignments and end of unit tests.
You will need to compile a portfolio of evidence.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - a degree in a related subject
- Careers - working in the theatre, film, TV and fashion
There is an annual residential visit to the International Make-Up Artist trade show in London and there are opportunities to other trips and enrichment activities.
Work experience includes working with local theatre groups on popular productions.