Women's & Men's Hairdressing Level 2 Diploma
About this course
This course involves a wide range of Hairdressing skills required for working within the industry.
If you are interested in taking this course you must enjoy working with the public, have or be willing to develop good client care and communication skills.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety
- Client Consultation for Hair Services
- Shampoo and Condition Hair and Scalp
- Promoting Products and Services to Clients in a Salon
- Cutting Womenâs Hair
- Colour and Lighten Hair
- Cut Menâs Hair
- Styling Menâs Hair
- Perm and Neutralise Hair
- The Art of Dressing Hair
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by a variety of methods including practical observations of the various techniques, online exams, written assignments, research and an evidence portfolio.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 3 vocational qualification in Hairdressing or Barbering
- Careers - junior stylist position in hairdressing
You will be required to carry out work experience throughout your course and also participate in Industry Week, where you will have an opportunity to learn new skills and industry trends.