Health & Social Care Level 3 OCR Cambridge Technicals Certificate
About this course
The Cambridge Technicals Certificate in Health & Social Care is a coursework based subject which examines psychological and sociological perspectives, while developing effective communication in a Health and Social Care environment and developing a deeper understanding of human development.
What will I learn?
During the course you will complete a range of modules including:
- Sociological Perspectives - Sociology can help you understand the impact of social processes upon the health of individuals and social groupings. Furthermore by studying how societies work, you can understand how social factors influence individuals' beliefs about health and why behaviour such as unhealthy lifestyle choices occurs.
- Psychological Perspectives - Studying Psychological Perspectives help us to develop our knowledge and understanding of human behaviour and emotion. You will look specifically at treating abnormal and challenging behaviour and the impact of both nature and nurture on people's health and health related behaviour.
- Developing Effective Communication in Health & Social Care - You are introduced to the many different forms of communication and asked to consider what can help or hinder effective communication in a range of health and social care situations.
- Development Through the Life Stages - You will study the stages that make up the human life span and the factors that can influence them. At the same time as recognising there is a progression of development that is biologically directed, you explore the impact of environment on development and look at the reasons why for some individuals, development is either delayed or arrested.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through a range of written assessments throughout the year and an oral presentation and group discussion
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College Progression - Health & Social Care HNC or a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degree and professional qualifications
- University - a range of related degrees
- Careers - a large range of opportunities within the Health & Social Care sector
This course should be combined with A Levels.