Health, Social Care, Children's & Young People's Settings QCF Level 1 Certificate
About this course
This course will allow you to engage in learning that is relevant and will provide opportunities for you to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
You will develop your knowledge and awareness of Health, Social Care and Children-s and Young People-s settings and gain an understanding of the similarities and differences between them.
What will I learn?
- Understand the Range of Service Provision and Roles within Health & Social Care
- Understand the Principles and Values in Health & Social Care
- Awareness of Protection and Safeguarding in Health & Social Care
- Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care
- Introductory Awareness of Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care and Children-s and Young People-s Settings
- Introductory Awareness of Health & Safety in Health, Social Care and Children-s and Young People-s Settings
- Introductory Awareness of Person-Centred Support in Health, Social Care and Children-s and Young People-s Settings
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is all coursework based.
What do I need?
- Literacy and numeracy test plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- College - Level 2 vocational courses, including Health & Social Care
- Careers - Position in health and social care sector, for example, care assistant
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is needed at the start of the course as you will be required to undertake a 30-hour placement over 6 weeks.