Health, Social Care, Children's & Young People's Settings QCF Level 1 Certificate
About this course
This course will allow you to engage in learning that is relevant and will provide opportunities for you to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
You will develop your knowledge and awareness of Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s settings and gain an understanding of the similarities and differences between them.
What will I learn?
- Understand the Range of Service Provision and Roles within Health & Social Care
- Understand the Principles and Values in Health & Social Care
- Awareness of Protection and Safeguarding in Health & Social Care
- Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care
- Introductory Awareness of Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introductory Awareness of Health & Safety in Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introductory Awareness of Person-Centred Support in Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is all coursework based.
What do I need?
- Maths and English assessment plus satisfactory interview
Where can it take me?
- College - Level 2 vocational courses, including Health & Social Care
- Careers - Position in health and social care sector, for example, care assistant
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is needed at the start of the course as you will be required to undertake a 30-hour placement over 6 weeks.