Hospitality, Catering & Bakery
Why study Hospitality, Catering & Bakery at Halesowen College?
- Fantastic facilities in the Training and Production Kitchens and Training Restaurant
- A Professional Bakery
- The latest industry standard equipment and utensils
- Qualified staff with professional hospitality and catering backgrounds
- Training restaurant open to the public and providing a realistic working environment
- Well equipped base rooms and resource centre for theory work
- Strong industrial links including Michelin starred restaurants such as Simpsons in Birmingham
- Attend an industrial placement, working in a top local hotel or restaurant
- Residential trips within the UK and to European destinations
- Enrichment activities include visits to a variety of exhibitions, shows and catering operations
- Experience of organising and managing themed events
- Exciting College Progression Routes
- Expert advice and guidance about careers and higher education - including Finance
- The opportunity to take additional relevant qualifications in Food Safety and Health & Safety
Courses in this Area
Level 3 - Advanced
Level 2 - Intermediate
Level 1 - Introductory
Catering student, Daniel McComb, won a £100 bursary from the Gordon Sibbald Bursary Fund after being nominated for his enthusiasm, hard work and excellent customer care in the College Training Restaurant.
Daniel was one of 30 students across the country to receive the award, which provides financial support to students studying catering or hospitality, .