Acting Level 3
About this course
There are almost endless possibilities to what you could contribute to the world of Performing Arts, just as long as you have the confidence to stand in front of an audience and connect with their thoughts and feelings.
This course is for those passionate for performance. If you aspire to work in the Entertainment Industry, whether acting for theatre, television, film or even radio or maybe you have a talent for musical theatre, stand-up comedy, directing, storytelling and creative writing, then this course is for you!
Over two years, the course covers an extensive range of performance styles and techniques, offering an aspiring actor the chance to develop their skills and understanding in preparation for working in the Performing Arts and Entertainment industry.
What will I learn?
During the course you will learn the techniques and skills of performance through units such as:
- Principals of Acting and Developing Voice for the Actor
- Musical Theatre Performance and Singing Skills for Actors
- Drama Improvisation and Devising Plays
- Film & TV Acting and Audio Performance Acting
- Performing Arts Business and the Historical Context of Performance
You will also have options to specialise in areas such as:
- Storytelling as Performance
- Stand-Up Comic Technique
- Variety Performance
- Approaches to Directing Theatre
How will I be assessed?
The course is made up of approximately 75% performance assessment and 25% theory and coursework. Large and small scale performances will be assessed through both rehearsal observation and final performance effectiveness. Coursework is often connected directly to the analysis and research done as part of the performance and production process.
What do I need?
You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Literature.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - choose a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree such as Acting, Drama & Performance
A variety of theatre trips and workshops will be arranged each year, which you are advised to attend. Various opportunities to take part in cross-College productions and events are offered throughout the year which will require rehearsals and performances outside normal College hours.
This course should be combined with A Levels.
A Level combinations with this course could include Dance and English Language & Literature