Acting OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 2
About this course
Have you already had a taste of performing through school shows, youth theatre performances or GCSE Drama classes?
Perhaps you simply have a passion for performing but havenât yet had the chance or the confidence to put your skills onto a larger stage. Then this could be the course for you.
Throughout this one year course, you will learn some of the fundamental skills in acting and further your knowledge in drama and theatre as a whole. This exciting and confidence boosting course is a perfect start to the development of your career aspirations as an actor.
What will I learn?
- Performing Arts Production Process - Major Shows
- Musical Theatre Performance
- Working in the Performing Arts Industry
- Acting Skills and Techniques
- Devising Plays
- Performing Scripted Plays
How will I be assessed?
The course is made up of approx 75% performance assessment and 25% theory and coursework.
Large and small scale performances will be assessed through both rehearsal observation and final performance effectiveness.
Coursework is often connected directly to the analysis and research done as part of the performance and production process.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - a Level 3 vocational course in Acting or Musical Theatre
- Careers - employment in acting (often junior positions), performance and entertainment industries such as holiday parks, cruises, theatre administration and sales
A variety of theatre trips and workshops will be arranged each year, which you are advised to attend.
Various opportunities to take part in cross-College productions and events are offered throughout the year which will require rehearsals and performances outside normal College hours.