Dance BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
If you are committed and enthusiastic about having a career in Dance this is the course for you. The course has been developed to prepare you for higher education and for a variety of careers in the Dance industry when studied alongside your other A Level subjects. The content of the course offers an exciting opportunity to develop your Dance skills and creativity through the study of a range of dance styles, performance skills and choreography to assist you in your future.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study three units in each year, which will be graded. The units include:
- Year 1
- Movement Skills
- Dance Performance
- The Healthy Performer
- Year 2
- Movement in Performance
- Performing to an Audience
- Dance Appreciation
How will I be assessed?
Written coursework is assessed on an on-going basis so there are no written examinations. Termly performances in our Theatre will form part of the practical assessment.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- You must have some dance experience will need to attend a dance workshop
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree or vocational dance training
- Careers - a career in dance either as a performer/choreographer, teacher, therapist or administrator
While studying on the course there will be opportunities to go on trips to see live professional dance works and work with professional visiting choreographers and teachers. There is also the option of taking an extra qualification which will enable you to gain work experience, create a College company and take on a role within the company to broaden your knowledge and understanding of the dance industry. This qualification could increase your UCAS points and university options.
This course should be combined with A Levels.