Music A Level
About this course
Whether you like popular, classical or even jazz music you will enjoy this course, which encourages you to study multiple musical styles and develop a variety of skills including performing and composing in a style of your own. This course will encourage you to consider the influences on music and develop your own musical ideas, as well as your performance, studio recording and sequencing skills.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by both exams and coursework.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- At least Grade 5 in a musical instrument or voice
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - an exciting range of higher level courses, including Music HND and Teaching
- University - music related degree or study at a conservatoire
- Careers - a career in the music industry, arts administration, teaching
If you have not taken a Grade 5 exam you will be required to attend an audition. Music combines well with Philosophy, History, Drama & Theatre Studies, Dance and English Literature.