Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus and an external studio
Course Duration: Part-time 3 years (evening)
- Part-time total tuition fees - £11,514
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
About this course
This course is aimed at students who want to be performers and those that want to be music technicians.
The units of study will depend on the career pathway you wish to pursue and will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for successful employment in music or music production.
As well as developing musical and production abilities, the specialised units will give you the opportunity to improve techniques and develop personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance and relevant progression.
What will I learn?
- Band Rehearsal and Performance (Performers)
- Live Sound for Small Venues (Technicians)
- Music Studio Production
- Creative Arts Research Skills
- Employability Skills
- Critical Music Listening
- Principles of Musical Sound
- Music Performance Skills (Performers)
- Applied Music Production Techniques (Technicians)
- Song Writing Techniques and Styles
- Studio Recording and Engineering
- Managing a Creative Business
- Music in Context
- Improvisation in Music (Performers)
- Audio Mastering and Manufacturing (Technicians)
- New Media Technology
- Preparation, Process and Production in the Creative Arts
- Composition in Context
- Research Project
How will I be assessed?
Students are assessed through coursework and practical assessments.
What do I need?
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in a subject related area
- 2 or more A Levels
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Employment routes after completion of qualification
On successful completion, you may wish to consider careers in a variety of music related industries.
Top up routes after completion of the qualification
If you wish to continue your studies you can use this qualification to progress on to a full honours degree at many universities, in Music related subject areas.