Music Performance BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
About this course
The world of the musician is a constant but most rewarding battle and this course has been designed to develop you as a player, business person, composer, arranger, performer and promoter - all of which will ensure you stand the best chance of excelling in the industry. This predominantly popular music course focuses on the development of genres and playing styles and will allow you to grow and integrate as a player.
What will I learn?
A major focus of the course is on industry practice and events are held in professional venues every half term to showcase talent. Experienced musicians and industry experts are also regular contributors to the course and they teach and perform alongside students whilst sharing some of their first-hand knowledge. The course requires you to have some ability with a chosen instrument and may be tailored to support your playing.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is completely coursework-based and students are graded at pass, merit or distinction.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Experience of playing an instrument - you will need to attend a live audition
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Music HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - music-related degree
- Careers - professional performer or employment in the music industry
This course should be combined with A Levels.