Music Technology A Level
About this course
This programme is a structured study of Music Technology exploring Listening and Analysis, Music in Context, Production Skills and Music Theory. It is aimed at giving a comprehensive exploration in to the production and history of production of popular music. The course utilises recording studios and our Apple Mac production suite to produce a portfolio of coursework consisting of sequencing and production tasks, this makes up 70% of the study. At the end of the course you will sit a Listening and Analysis paper with two focus genres of Music Context, History and Production, which makes up the remaining 30% of the course.
How will I be assessed?
In both the first and second years assessment is 70% coursework, based on three pieces and 30% is a single exam at the end of each year.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- working knowledge of Music Theory (Grade 3-5 recommended)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - an exciting range of higher level courses, including Music HND and Teaching
- University -
- degree in Music Technology, Music, Radio, Events Management and others
- Careers - in the music industry as a recording engineer, live sound engineer, backline management, events and more
Good IT skills would be an advantage together with a passion for Music.
Music Technology combines well with Philosophy, History, Drama & Theatre Studies, Dance and English Literature.