Public Services Certificate in Knowledge of Policing CKP Option City & Guilds Level 3
About this course
Are you interested in a career in the Police Service?
This course is designed to introduce you to the necessary practical skills and knowledge that are required for successful entry into the Police Service.
What will I learn?
Key features of the course include:
- Recommended by West Midlands Police Service
- A short course
- There are 10 units based on Policing and Legislation
How will I be assessed?
- Internally assessed exams
- On-going assessment in class to prepare you for exam questions
- Experienced staff with knowledge of the Services will guide you through a range of units to achieve your goals
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Public Services HND or a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- Careers - in the police service
This course has been introduced to run alongside the BTEC L3 Public Services (Uniformed - Emergency) route.