Public Services HND
Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
Course Duration: Full-time over 2 years, 2 days per week
- Part-time total tuition fees - £11,514
- Full-time total tuition fees - £11,514
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS Course Code: L4R6
About this course
This course is for students who are looking to pursue a career in the Uniformed or Non-Uniformed Public Services.
The course combines gaining knowledge on public service management and policing based subjects, with the development of key employability and people skills.
The units provide a balance which will be relevant to both uniformed and non-uniformed public service employers.
What will I learn?
- Small-scale Research Projects in Public Services
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Fair Treatment in Public Services
- Managing Public Sector Finance
- Government, Decision Making and the Public Services
- Research Project
- Personal and Professional Development
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Applied Sport & Exercise Psychology
Plus 9 specialist units
This course requires students to complete residential trips that will involve overnight stays throughout the 2 year course.
This is to develop and assess skills required to complete outdoor units and therefore you must be in a position to complete these residential trips to complete the qualification.
What do I need?
48 UCAS Points
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Public Services or a similar discipline; or
- 2 or more A Levels; or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
A DBS is required.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress to a full honours degree at many universities, in subjects such as Public Services, Public Service Management, Criminology and Psychological Studies.
The HND in Public Services can give you the foundation needed to build a career in the emergency services, armed forces, prison service, criminal justice, probation services or youth work.