Applied Biology HND
Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
- Full-time over 2 years
- Part-time up to 3 years, one day a week
- Part-time total tuition fees - £12,120
- Full-time total tuition fees - £12,000
- Top-up from HNC - £6,000
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
UCAS course code: C110
How to apply
About this course
This is an ideal course for students seeking immediate employment in the biological sciences industry or electing to complete a top up to a degree programme.
The course will equip you with the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to succeed in employment in biology-based industries or should enable progression to an undergraduate degree or further professional qualifications in Applied Biology or related areas..
What will I learn?
- Cell Biology
- Biochemistry of Macromolecules and Metabolic Pathways
- Physiology of Cellular Systems in Animals
- Laboratory Techniques for Applied Biology
- Analysis of Scientific Data and Information
- Project for Applied Science
Plus 10 Specialist optional units dependent on staff specialisms
How will I be assessed?
Through a range of practical and theoretical assessments
What do I need?
48 UCAS Points
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Applied Sciences or a similar discipline; or
- 2 or more A Levels which must include Biology; or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate preferably Science-based; or
- Have previously achieved an HNC in Applied Biology
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Good Mathematics skills are essential. It would be an advantage to have GCSE Higher Mathematics and highly advantageous to have AS Mathematics.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress to a full honours top up degree, in a Biology related subject, at many universities.
This specialist study is relevant if you are aiming for progression in your existing career or seeking employment in the biological sciences and their related industries.