Applied Science - Engineering BTEC Level 3
About this course
This course will provide you with knowledge and experience in a variety of Engineering areas including Electrical Engineering and Materials Engineering together with their applications.
During the course you will consider the implications of Health & Safety in the Engineering workplace; the course covers the most common mathematical tools applied to Engineering.
In addition the course looks at the underlying scientific principles and how they are applied to Engineering.
What will I learn?
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Electrical & Electric Principles
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Scientific Investigation
- Metallurgical Techniques
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed by a series of assignments.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science and Additional Science at grade C and Maths at grade 5 (grade B)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- College - HNC Manufacturing Engineering, HNC Electrical Engineering or a range of Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University Progression - Engineering and related programmes
- Careers - Engineers, engineering apprentice, engineering technicians, armed forces