Applied Science - Forensic BTEC Level 3
About this course
This course is ideal if you have an interest in Science and wish to pursue a career in laboratory research and analytical science.
The units will help you develop skills that are valued by employers and universities.
What will I learn?
During the course you will study a range of Chemistry and Biology units such as Chemical Analysis, Genetics, Biochemistry and Physiology, as well as a unit in Criminology and a unit in Criminal Investigations.
You will also study Mathematics as well as a work-related unit.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by completing coursework, practical investigations, presentations and open book tests.
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science and Additional Science at grade C (BTEC Science distinction or merit may also be considered)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Applied Biology HNC/D, Applied Chemistry or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree courses in Forensics or a related subject
- Careers - jobs in science, particular at technician level
You will be expected to participate in enrichment days that involve assessments and practicals.
You will also be recommended to gain work experience during your study days to further develop your knowledge and skills and improve your employability and success in higher education.