Course Location: Whittingham Road Campus
Course Duration: Part-time over 2 years, one day a week
- Part-time total tuition fees - £6,620.55
Please note that we are currently unable to accept international students.
About this course
Engineers are in short supply, both nationally and within the West Midlands.
This course allows you to gain the knowledge and skills to become a highly valued professional working in local companies, many of which are vital parts of the supply chain for both the automotive and aeronautical industries.
The course can be studied as a stand-alone qualification, or as part of an Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering.
What will I learn?
- Analytical Methods for Engineers
- Engineering Science
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation
Plus 5 specialist units
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical & Electronic Principles
How will I be assessed?
Through a range of practical and theoretical assessments
What do I need?
48 UCAS points
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering or a related discipline; or
- 2 or more A Levels which must include Maths and/or Physics and a Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering; or
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate preferably Science based
This profile should be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or 4) in Maths and English Language.
Mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include extensive work experience and/or achievement of a range of professional qualifications in their work sector.
Where can it take me?
Those wishing to continue their studies can use this qualification to progress on to a HND in Engineering or progress to a full honours degree at many universities, in an Engineering related subject area.
This specialist study is relevant if you are aiming to progress in your existing career or are seeking employment in Engineering related industries.