Assisting Health-Related Activity Sessions Level 1
About this course
The aims of this course are :
- To provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to assist with planning, preparing and delivering a safe and effective activity session for a group of participants
- To provide a basic understanding of how to promote safety during activity sessions, identify and deal with hazards and reduce risks in the activity environment
- To provide an overview of the links between activity, health and fitness
- To enable learners to assist with planning and preparing an activity session plan
- To provide learners with basic skills in assisting with the delivery of a safe and effective activity session
What will I learn?
Unit 1 Planning an Activity Session
Unit 2 Assist in Delivering an Activity Session
How will I be assessed?
- Observations and producing a portfolio of evidence
What do I need?
No specific previous experience is required; this qualification is open to all.
What is required for the first class?
Indoor practical kit suitable for the gym environment, paper and pen
Who can I contact about the course?