Leading Physical Activity and Health Related Exercise Level 2 Certificate
About this course
This study programme consists of:
- NVQ Activity Leadership
- Level 2 Certificate in Leading Health Related Fitness
- Maths and English (if equivalent of grade C not achieved)
- Work placement for one day a week all academic year (Sport or Fitness related)
What will I learn?
The NVQ Activity Leadership, consists of six mandatory and two optional units.
- Unit 1. Support the work of the team and organisation
- Unit 2. Prepare for activity sessions
- Unit 3. Lead activity sessions
- Unit 4. Conclude and review activity sessions
- Unit 5. Promote health, safety and welfare in active leisure and recreation
- Unit 6. Support equality and diversity in active leisure and recreation
- Unit 9. Support the development of the sport or activity
- Unit 10. Set up, take down and store activity equipment
- Unit 11. Check and service activity equipment
- Unit 15. Enable disabled people to take part in activities
The Level 2 Certificate in leading Health Related Fitness sessions, consists of three mandatory units.
- Unit 1. Promoting healthy lifestyles and physical activity
- Unit 2. Planning an activity session
- Unit 3. Delivering an activity session
If you do not have the equivalent of grade C in Mathematics and English, you will study these as well. You will have three lessons of Mathematics and three lessons of English each week.
If you have achieved Mathematics and English at grade C or equivalent, we will still develop these skills within your course but additional lessons in each subject will not be required.
As part of the NVQ component of the course, you are required to have a work experience placement. This needs to be a minimum of one day per week and based at a sport or fitness organisation. Placement details will need to be provided before enrolment.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for Component 1 is via a portfolio of evidence in the workplace.
Assessment for Component 2 is via coursework, portfolio of evidence and practical demonstrations.
What do I need?
- 3 GCSEs with 1 subject at grade D and English and Maths at grade 2 (grade E)
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport (Apprenticeship) subject to Mathematics and English at grade C or equivalent