Sport Level 3
About this course
This course focuses on the basic Sport topics such as anatomy and physiology, fitness, psychology and sports coaching, giving you a well-rounded and in depth knowledge of the Sports industry.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge in topics that suit the demands of sports science, coaching and performance in higher education or the sports industry, including biomechanics and nutrition in additional to the study of basic areas within Sports Studies.
What will I learn?
- Body Systems within Sport
- Sports Coaching and Activity Leadership
- Sports Organisation and Development
- Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activities
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Health and Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Psychology
- Improving Fitness for Sport and Physical Activity
- Exercise for Specific Groups
- Organisation of Sports Events
- Sports Sociology
- Business in Sport
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through coursework (eg written reports, formal presentations, poster designs and presentations and leading practical sessions).
Exams have also been introduced for the following 4 units, 3 of which will be completed in the first year of study.
* Body Systems in Sport
* Sports Organisation and Development
* Working Safely in Sport
* Business in Sport
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science at grade C
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Sports Studies HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree in Sports Studies/Science/Coaching, Physical Education, Sports Therapy or Teacher Training
- Careers - employment as a coach or sports leader is possible after completing this course as long as extra coaching qualifications have been gained
You will need to buy the College sports kit and we also aim to provide coaching courses and educational trips and visits where possible.