Sport Level 3
About this course
This course focuses on the basic Sport topics such as Anatomy & Physiology, Fitness, Psychology and Sports Coaching, giving you a well-rounded and in depth knowledge of the Sports industry.
You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge in topics that suit the demands of Sports Science, Coaching and Performance in higher education or the sports industry, including Biomechanics and Nutrition additional to the study of basic areas within Sports Studies.
What will I learn?
- Body Systems within Sport*
- Sports Coaching and Activity Leadership
- Sports Organisation and Development*
- Working Safely in Sport*
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Sports Psychology
- Exercise for Specific Groups
- Sports Sociology
- Business in Sport*
* exams in some units
To further enhance your employability skills there will be opportunities for you to complete a one week work placement. This compulsory aspect of the course gives you the chance to apply the knowledge gained in class to the real world of work.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by coursework (eg written reports, formal presentations, poster designs and presentations and leading practical sessions) and exams in some units*
What do I need?
*You will need to achieve at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English.
Alternative Requirement â A BTEC in Science may also be considered at Distinction or Merit Level.
Where can it take me?
- College - you can progress to Sports Studies HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - related degree such as Sports Studies, Sport Science, Coaching, Physical Education, Sports Development, Sports Therapy & Teacher Training
You will need to buy the College sports kit and the College also aims to provide coaching courses and educational trips/visits where possible.