Sport OCR Level 3 Diploma
About this course
This course focuses on the basic Sport topics such as Anatomy & Physiology, Fitness, Psychology and Sports Coaching, giving you a well-rounded and in depth knowledge of the Sports industry.
You will have the opportunity to specialise in specific pathways such as coaching and performance or Sports Science, where units have been chosen to suit the demands of both industry and higher education.
What will I learn?
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Sports Coaching
- Physiology of Fitness
- Current Issues
- Practical Individual Sport
- Sports Injuries
- Fitness Testing
- Sports Psychology
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Training & Fitness
- Practical Team Sports
- Organising Events
- Technical & Tactical
- Instructing Physical Activity
- Exercise for Specific Groups
There will be an opportunity to take an official qualification in Lifeguarding.
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through coursework (eg written reports, formal presentations, poster designs and presentations and leading practical sessions).
What do I need?
- 5 GCSEs at Grade A*-C including English and Maths at grade 4 (grade C)
- Science at grade C
In certain circumstances we will accept variations to this entry guide and create a personalised programme.
Where can it take me?
- Halesowen College - Sports Studies HND or choose from a range of HNC/D, Foundation Degrees and professional qualifications
- University - degree in Sports Studies, Physical Education, Sports Therapy or Teacher Training
- Careers - employment as a coach or sports leader is possible after completing this course as long as extra coaching qualifications have been gained
You will need to buy the College sports kit and there are various trips and visits linked to course units.